Download the dashboard
- Once the Dashboard is downloaded, launch the execution. You’ll have to accept the license agreement and click on Next.
- The destination location by default is on the C: disk, but you can select the destination of your choice and click on Next.
- The program will create a shortcut to the Start Menu, but you can change the setting and click on Next.
- The set up is ready, you just need to click on Install.
- To complete the installation, you’ll need to accept the licence terms of Microsoft Visual C++ and click on Install.
Installation is complete!
Plug in the 3dRudder
Put the 3dRudder on the ground and plug its USB cable to your computer.
The 3dRudder will beep several times as shown below, meaning it’s been perfectly identified by your computer.
The Dashboard will then automatically check for updates
Sit down and step up
Sit down comfortably in front of your computer. Put your feet on the 3dRudder and stay still for half a second until you hear a short beep.
The beep lets you know the 3dRudder has taken your position into account and is ready.
When sitting in front of your computer, we recommend you adopt the position shown below: put your feet on the 3dRudder making sure
the platform is quite flat and horizontal. By doing so, you’ll make the best use of your 3dRudder and will fully enjoy your navigation.
You are now ready to start navigation. Launch the tutorial on the left part of the Dashboard home page and learn in a few seconds the 4 basic movements.
- Pitch: push with your toes to tilt the 3dRudder forward (you’ll move forward), push with your heels to tils the device backward (you’ll move backward)
- Roll: push with your left feet to tilt the 3dRudder on the left (you’ll move sideways on the left), or push with your right foot (you’ll move sideways on your right)
- Yaw: rotate the 3dRudder on its axis either on your left or your right (you’ll turn around on your left or your right)
- Up Down: exert an opposite pressure with your right toes and left heel to go up, or with your left toes and right heel to go down.
To fully enjoy the up and down movement, which is quite a unique feature, you’ll want to make sure the 3dRudder remains on its axis (don’t tilt the device).
Well, it’s time for a race! Launch the Airboard Arena demo from the Dashboard home page and go through galactic gates. Enjoy!