3dRudder announces the upcoming release of its new foot controller, the 3dRudder for PlayStation® VR. The device adds free locomotion in 20 compatible games already, kicking the virtual reality experience up a notch on the best-selling console.
What does the 3dRudder brings to the PlayStation VR?
The promise behind the launch of the 3dRudder for PlayStation® VR Edition is nothing less than full freedom of movement in compatible games. The foot-powered controller will enable players to move seamlessly wherever they want to and travel freely within their virtual environment from the comfort of their couch. The 3dRudder will also grant PlayStation VR players with full motion control: the ability to speed up, slow down, and stop exactly when they chose to. And while they’ll manage motion with their feet on the platform of the 3dRudder, they’ll keep their hands totally free to shoot, hit, grab objects, and change weapons armed with their playStation move controllers or the Aim controller.
What does it feel like to use the 3dRudder?
Launched early 2017 in its PC & VR edition, the 3dRudder has the reputation of being an intuitive controller. With its rounded base and its button-free design, all the user has to do is sit down, put his feet on the 3dRudder and tilt it, spin it, or exert pressure on its platform to trigger movement. The more tilting, spinning or pressure, the faster the movement.
What is the value for the players on PlayStation VR?
With its foot-powered controls and its 360° locomotion system, the 3dRudder is aimed at an almost exhaustive array of virtual reality experiences. Be it to move a character, control the camera, or pilot a plane: the 3dRudder can do it all.
The wide variey of supporting games shows how versatile the foot motion controller is: from FPS games, to flight simulations, and more generally speaking, all games into which locomotion is critical.
Game developers became quite inspired while remodeling their locomotion options based on the capacities of the 3dRudder:
• In Sairento, the fast-paced Ninja-FPS coming soon to PS VR, the 3dRudder gives the player the upper hand, adding an exclusive free locomotion option to the standard teleportation system.
• In Bow to Blood, the 3dRudder becomes the foot-powered helm of the airship, making aerial combats utterly enjoyable and freeing up the player’s hands for the numerous hand-driven controls
• In Red Matter, the very aesthetic sci-fi-cold-war-inspired-puzzle game, the 3dRudder litterally walks the player from one enigmae to the other, seamlessly, increasing the feeling of immersion.
With a list of 30+ titles compatible upon launch, the company has already announced that new games will be added every month.
How will it work?
Playing PlayStation VR games with the 3dRudder will be done on a Plug & Play basis. All the player will have to do is connect the USB cable of the 3dRudder to his or her PlayStation 4 console. The 3dRudder will then be automatically enabled in the supporting games and playable in combination with the usual PlayStation controllers such as the PlayStation Dualshock 4, PlayStation Move motion controllers or the PlayStation VR Aim controller, depending on the gameplay.
Among the 20 games compatible with the 3dRudder upon launch are titles such as:
– Sairento VR
– Bow To Blood
– Red Matter
– Pirate flight
– The Wizard
– Honor & Duty: D-day
– Operation Warcade
– Mind Labyrinth
…and many more to come.
Available for pre-order exclusively on 3drudder.com
The company decided to open pre-orders for the 3dRudder PlayStation VR Edition exclusively on its online store before the device makes its way to retail stores worldwide, where it is highly anticipated.
Orders placed during the pre-order period will be filled first, giving consumers a heads start, announces the company.
The 3dRudder foot motion controller offers plenty of advantages for the PlayStation VR:
• Free locomotion & Full Motion Control
• Frees up the hands and give them double the power
• Compatible with the PlayStation VR system, PlayStation Dualshock 4, PlayStation Move Motion Controller, PlayStation VR Aim Controller
• Available for pre-order for delivery to the United States, Canada, and Europe.